JustCloud Review – Summary
Justcloud, launched in 2010, is perhaps not one of the first names people think of when they are considering cloud storage solutions and with no free cloud storage plan there isn’t a try before you buy option. Justcloud does, however, offer lots of great features for individuals and small businesses. There is also the option to buy add-on services from their menu of options over and above their three main price plans. With the ability to sync multiple devices to your account you can backup files from your laptop, desktop PC, tablet phone or even your work computer if you should need to. In our review, we look at the features and price plans and give you the information you need to decide if this is the right cloud storage solution for you.
If you visit the Justcloud website you can see straight away that they focus on the 4 main features of their service. These 4 main features are –
- Ability to sync multiple devices to your account
- Mobile access which allows you to browse, access and back up data to your account
- Share files and photos with friends and colleagues
- File protections – Justcloud takes the security of your information very seriously with a priority placed on data encryption using 256-bit secured socket layered protection
Other features include –
- Compatible with Microsoft, Mac, windows 8, Linux, iPad app, iPod app, Android app, Blackberry app, Kindle Fire and the website is mobile optimised if you prefer to use the website rather than the app.
- 24/7 support and video tutorials
- Secure data encryption
- Referral program
Ease of Use
You don’t need to be a computer geek to operate Justcloud – in fact, the service is straight forward wherever and however you are accessing it. As long as you have a connection you can sync devices, upload and download data and share files and folders. The site is mobile optimised which means that if you aren’t using an app but you are accessing the site on a mobile you won’t have to pinch and stretch the screen to carry out the various functions.
Once you have determined your back up the schedule after you first open a Justcloud account you don’t need to do anything else. Your data will automatically be synced to the cloud using a secure data encryption and you can carry on as normal. Your new files, folders, photos, and documents will be synced without you having to do anything.
There is no FREE cloud storage solution with Justcloud – all three plans come with a price tag. They don’t cost a fortune although compared to others it could be seen as expensive. The prices are also dependent on whether you take a monthly, 6 monthly, 12 monthly or 24 monthly subscriptions but to give you an idea a 12 monthly subscription will cost the account holder between $99 – $159 dollars depending on the subscription taken.
- Home/Pro Plan – suitable for individuals and small companies gives the user up to 75GB of storage space.
- Premium Plan – Justcloud Premium is suitable for small businesses looking to use a small network of devices and allows for 250GB of cloud data storage.
- The Ultimate Plan allows for up to 1TB of storage space and is suitable for larger companies.
In addition to these price plans, there is also a menu of add-ons that all carry different price points. To give you an example of these you can choose to purchase additional licenses, priority support, hourly backup and automatic video backup. These optional extras are all available from a list of menu choices which clearly state how much each option will cost.
Like many cloud data storage solutions, one of the main concerns is the security of one’s data. When storing sensitive or confidential information, information containing personal data or passwords then security has to be the priority. Justcloud uses an SSL AES-256 bit encryption which is used by the banking sector and the military to ensure that data is safe and secure. In fact, the only way that your data can be accessed by anyone other than you is if you leak your own username and password to someone which is not recommended. All data is backed up multiple times to ensure that there is plenty of back-ups should there ever be any technical issues.
Justcloud offers round the clock support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need some assistance, have a billing enquiry, an enquiry about your plan or need any help at all you can contact them via your preferred method. Reach tech support via e-mail or billing support via e-mail, chat and phone. There are plenty of options to choose from the Support Menu which has links to a help center where you will find the answers to many of your questions. There is also a FAQ section with many answers to questions asked before. You can auto renew your billing plan, contact a service advisor or make an enquiry about pricing. Once you click on the contact link you will be offered the option to e-mail or to call a number based on the country you are calling from.
So if you haven’t made up your mind yet if Justcloud is the online storage facility for you then let’s recap and examine the pros and cons of their data storage solution.
- Easy to use – You don’t need a degree in computer science to find your way around this data cloud storage solution. You simply open an account, select your backup schedule and you are good to go.
- Compatible with many devices – the Justcloud solution is compatible with Microsoft, Mac, Windows 8, Linus and the apps from iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, and Android. If you want to use your mobile without downloading an app the website is mobile friendly.
- Plans to suit all levels of usage – whether for personal use or for a business there is a plan to suit all online storage requirements. Just select which one suits you best and choose your subscription from 1 month to 24 months.
- A menu of add-ons – sometimes you may need to add on services that aren’t feasible with the everyday plans like the addition of automatic video backup. The menu of add-ons allows you to select what you need when you need it.
- Security a priority – with an SSL AES-256 bit data encryption security for files your data is protected using the same system as the banks and the military.
- Good support – e-mail or phone – just select what you need if you can’t find the answers to your questions in the help center or list of FAQ’s
- Not the cheapest solution – if you compare Justcloud price plans to other data storage providers it isn’t the cheapest, however, it does offer many features and a variety of subscription plans so you can choose to use the service for 1 month or 6 which isn’t widely available.
- Their premium plan is still less than other providers entry plans – whilst they give you the option to choose a shorter term subscription you do seem to get less for your money with this particular plan when compared to their rivals.
|Ease Of Use||